Contributor Submission Terms
These terms apply to content and information you send to Spotlight Ukraine as a contributor of a personal story or other article. By submitting Your Content to us, you agree that you have read, understand and accept the following terms in relation to the content and information you provide (“Your Content) to Spotlight Ukraine (“Spotlight Ukraine,” “us,” or “our”):
Subject to the following provisions, Your Content may be published on spotlightukraine.com. Your Content (including your name and location) may be put into the public domain, but only if you provide permission through our submission form. If you provide permission for us to publish your name and location, it could then become generally known and available. If you do not provide permission to publish your name, if your story is published it will not include your name.
Your phone number(s) and email address (‘Your Contact Details’) will not be published by us, nor will they be used or disclosed for any marketing purposes.
Your Contact Details may be used by us to contact you to verify your identity and your answers to the questionnaire and to find out more about this story/article.
You agree that:
- You are legally responsible for Your Content.
- Your Content is not false or libelous and does not infringe the privacy, data protection or confidentiality rights of any third party.
- Your Content does not plagiarize or otherwise infringe any third party copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights or similar rights. For example, you must not submit to us any photos, videos, or any recordings of any type unless you are the copyright owner or have the relevant consent of the copyright owner.
- Your Content is truthful and not misleading. It relates to your own genuine personal experiences and/or is based upon your own knowledge.
- Your Content is not hateful (including without limitation in relation to race, religion or sexual orientation), harassing, malicious, profane, discriminatory, obscene, sexually explicit, offensive, and is not otherwise unlawful.
- Your Content does not amount to commercial speech or advertising.
- Your Content does not impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status.
- Your Content is not technically harmful (including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data or other malicious software, etc).
You retain any copyright you may have in Your Content. By submitting Your Content to us, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, copy, host, index, cache, tag, encode, edit, transmit, adapt, modify, publish, translate, publicly display, create derivative works from, and distribute Your Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. By submitting Your Content, you warrant that you have the right to grant this license.
We may edit, add to, remove or otherwise amend Your Content (or any part of it) in any way as we see fit in our sole discretion for journalistic purposes (for example without limitation we may edit Your Content for length and style and/or use it for or incorporate it in related stories). We are not obliged to do any of these things and we may not. To the extent permitted by law, you waive your rights to be identified as author in Your Content.